Tipping Point with Zach Yentzer on AM 1030 KVOI The Voice is the only live radio broadcast and on-demand podcast in Tucson dedicated to envisioning, discussing, and debating the issues defining a thriving city.
Tipping Point with Zach Yentzer shares the stories and strategies of the people and ideas shaping Tucson’s future, covering weekly issues surrounding:
- Technology and Innovation: Research and development of new products and services for the 4IR (4th Industrial Revolution)
- Entrepreneurship and SME (Small-to-Midsize Business): Exploration of the backbone of our local economy and how Tucson maintains its regional competitiveness.
- Neighborhoods and Urban Planning: Discussion of the elements of a great neighborhood including walkability, city services, safety, and Smart Growth.
- Housing and Affordability: Consideration of the types of housing and density needed to provide housing affordability and accessibility in Tucson, and ways to mitigate gentrification and displacement.
- Water and Sustainability: Exploration of innovative solutions for making our commercial and residential areas more sustainable, and preserving and expanding our water sources.
- Land Use and Development: Envisioning and promoting strategic growth and development that simultaneously preserves our history and enhances the experience of the buildings, streets, and open spaces that conserve Tucson’s special character.
- Economic Development and Branding: How do we take advantage of our local assets and opportunities to grow our economy and retain and attract people and ideas?
Monthly Zach and co-host for a special hour, Aaron Gopp from Founder Institute Tucson, talk with a high-growth tech startup or tech-enabled startup, about the entrepreneurial environment in Tucson, over local tacos. On this show, Zach talks with Aaron himself about his own company Patter, along with co-founder Theresa Delaney. Patter is a guided software application that allows organizational leaders to develop, implement and manage their company’s brand starting at its foundations. Theresa and Aaron also talk about PHX Startup Week and lessons learned by some of the things starting to gain momentum there, the role of the university in driving entrepreneurship and more.